Sunday, January 11, 2015

FYC Sponsorship

A couple different times in my life, when I struggled with one thing or another I looked to my training as a catalyst to get things back on track. Having a goal, something you work for every day, and seeing the progress helps you feel better about everything else in life. I have found that training for an event is extremely therapeutic. Unfortunately, there have been a time or two when I wanted to train for a race. But, due to my current circumstances, I simply couldn't spend the money on a race. I was fortunate. Twice someone else stepped in and helped me feed my crazy. 
Sometimes it takes someone else to help get you motivated and able to train/race. I want Feed Your Crazy to do the same for others. 
With the sale of our Pearl Izumi custom shirts, we announced we would donate a percentage of our sales from those shirts and pay for someone's race. We've never done this, but we hope to keep doing it, and make it bigger. So, let's get started with the first try. 

Nominate yourself, or someone else you know who may need a race. You can email your submissions to feedyourcrazy@gmail.com

Here are the details we need:
  • Name of individual
  • email we can contact them/you with, if they/you are selected
  • Tell us a little bit of backstory, why a race is important, what are the circumstances you are willing to share? We won't share anything unless the winner allows the story to be shared. 
  • If possible, identify the race they are interested in
Submissions due January 18th
We'll announce the winner of the first FYC sponsorship on January 25th. 

We'll read everyone's story, and the team will select the winner. We'll get in touch with the winner, and work with them to pay for the race. The training is up to them :) 

We're new at this, so forgive us if we aren't perfect at it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment